Monday, September 24, 2012

Malawi


Malawi…

Malawi is going to be a quick entry… We crossed the border around 1030 and drove all day into Kande beach. We were going to stay 3 nights here, and 2 night at Chichimba but myself, Nico and Denise decided to take the PADI certification with is full 3 days. Jareb did the advance certification which took 2 full days. We started at 0730 and went full on for 3 days. Not doing anything else but diving. Lake Malawi was a really great place to get it done. It is one of the cheapest places to do it and it was really fun diving in fresh water. I dove maybe 6 times before this as a resort certification. I have wanted to do it for years and so glad I can now go diving at all my travels. I really felt like I was in my element underwater.

The fourth day we got a ride from Kande beach to the main road. At the main road we got a ride with the guy who  owns the horse ranch into Mzuzu. From there we got a tro tro shared taxi van. We made the mistake of sitting in the back with 5 seats and end up getting squished 5 people in the back for 4 hours while we made it to Chitimba. We left at 0745 and arrived at 1545 exhausted but secretly enjoying public transportation.

We took off at 0630 in the morning towards Tanzania… Country 22 here I come.

BTW I did not take any pictures of Malawi so I am going to have to bum pictures to put on the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment