Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Leaving Seattle and arriving in Florida

Leaving Seattle was much more emotional than anticipated. By the time I stepped on my flight to Florida, I was already missing loved ones, friends, and my old life. I was nervous, scared and excited about the unknown adventures I would come across. I feel like I am giving up so much comfort and stability to do this trip… I just know in my heart that if I don’t do it, I will always regret it.
I arrived in Miami around midnight. I was greeted by my mum and sister who drove from Naples to Miami which was a 2 1/2 hour drive.  We stayed at a hotel close to the Miami airport, and made plans to wake up early and drive to Key West. We woke up around 5 AM and were out the door around 6. The drive to Key West was about 3 hours. I really don’t remember the drive at all. I was still thinking about everyone I left behind.
Driving the Seven Mile Bridge was quite breathtaking… I kept having images of True Lies and good old Arnold blowing the bridge up. Key West was beautiful and lots of fun. We visited mile marker 0, the World Famous Key Lime Shoppe, and the Southernmost Point in the Continental United States. We ate some great local fried fish and visited every possible tourist attraction Key West offered. We then drove 6 hours back to Naples where my sister and mum live.
 A few days later we visited the Everglades on a mission to see an Alligator in the wild. I made a promise to someone that I would send them a picture… You would think this would be a very easy task being that we drove on the highway called Alligator Alley and Snake Road... Not so much! The weather had changed and it was much colder and all the gators were hiding from me. I did manage to see a baby gator about one year old and very small. It was pathetic but I did keep my promise.
The next few days I packed, organized, packed, reorganized and packed again. I was able to get everything I needed packed… I said my goodbyes and now I am off on my adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment